Use below SSH command to find detailed memory information / usage of your server / VPS. It will show you total memory, free memory, used memory, cached memory etc.
This command is very useful as it shows large amount of valuable information about the server RAM usage, like:
- Total usable RAM
- Free memory
- Buffer memory
- Cached memory
- Swap used as cache memory
- Total cache memory that is active
- Total cache memory that is free
- Total amount of memory in the high region
- The total amount of non-highmem memory.
- The amount of free memory of the low memory region.
- Total amount of physical swap memory.
- Dirt: The total amount of memory waiting to be written back to the disk.
- Writeback: The total amount of memory actively being written back to the disk.
Another useful command
Another very good SSH command to find detailed memory information is: